- Vaikunta Ekadasi is a critical celebration devoted to Bhagvan Srihari Vishnu in the Tamil month of Margazhi(December-January). Vaikunda Ekadesi celebration is of extraordinary importance at the Tirupati Balaji Sanctuary, Srirangam SriRanganatha Sanctuary and at the Bhadrachalam Sanctuary. In Kerala, it is known as Swarga Vathil Ekadashi. Next Vaikunta Ekadasi date is December 21, 2015. In United States, Vaikunta Ekadasi is on December 21. In Australia, it is on December 22, 2015.
- The essentialness of Vaikunta Ekadasi can be followed back to the Padma Purana. The Purana shows that Bhagvan Vishnu took the type of "Ekadasi" – female vitality – to murder devil Muran. This happened amid the month of Margazhi. Awed by "Ekadasi," Vishnu advised her that whoever adores him on this day will reach "Vaikunta" (paradise).
Like all Ekadasi days, aficionados quick on this day and watch vigil the entire night. A few individuals enjoy reflection, Japa and singing of Hari Kirtan. Rice is abstained from amid ekadashi days as it is trusted that the evil presence Mura finds a residence in the rice eaten on Ekadasi day.
- It is broadly trusted that the entryways to the paradise open - the Door of Vaikuntha - on the Vaikunta Ekadasi day. It is a standout amongst the most promising days in Vishnu Sanctuaries in South India.
The 'Vaikunta Dwaram' or 'the door to the paradise' is opened on this day. This is the entry surrounding the deepest sanctum of the Ruler. Scores of aficionados line up to go through the Door of Vaikunta in Vishnu Sanctuaries in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Vaikunta Dwaram is opened just on this day in a year in numerous sanctuaries.
- Vaikunta Ekadasi happens in December or early January.
In Kerala this Ekadasi is known as Swargavathil Ekadasi.
This Ekadasi is likewise alluded as Mukkoti Ekadasi.
- The day after the Ekadasi is seen as Mukkotti Dwadashi in numerous Vishnu sanctuary crosswise over South India.
Vaikunta Ekadasi is of tremendous significance at Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Sanctuary, Tirumala Tirupati Balaji Sanctuary, Bhadrachalam Sanctuary and so forth.
Vaikunta Ekadashi is a standout amongst the most critical Ekadasis.Ekadashi is a propitious day devoted to Bhagvan Srihari Vishnu and falls on the eleventh day of each lunar fortnight in customary Hindu logbook. In 2015, the date of Vaikunta Ekadasi is Monday, December 21. Swarga Vasal or Paramapada opening is from 3:00 AM on December 21, 2015.Please note that in United States and UK it is checked on December 21, 2015. In Australia and New Zealand it is checked on December 22, 2015. Vaikuntha Ekadasi is seen in the Margali Month (Margazhi Masam) according to Tamil Logbook and in Dhanur Masa according to Telugu Date-book.
- Vaikuntha Ekadashi is otherwise called Mukkoti Ekadasi and in Kerala it is known as Swargavathil Ekadasi.
Vaikunta Ekadasi celebration is all the more extravagantly celebrated by Vaishnavites. It is more noticeable for Tamil and Telugu talking individuals. Fasting, keep vigil around evening time and going through the Vaikunta Dwaram are the essential propitious exercises on the day.
- Vaikunta Ekadasi is praised with extraordinary significance inTirupati Balaji Sanctuary, Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Sanctuary, and Bhadrachalam Sita Ramachandraswamy sanctuary. Aside from these sanctuaries, every one of the sanctuaries committed to Bhagvan Vishnu and his incarnations in South India observe Vaikunta Ekadasi.
The most imperative custom on the day in sanctuaries is the opening of the Vaikunta Dwaram or Paramapada Vasal entryway in Vishnu Sanctuaries. This entryway is just opened on the Vaikunta Ekadasi day and fans are permitted to go through it. Typically the entryway prompts the Vaikunta - homestead Vishnu.
- Vaishnavas (enthusiasts of Master Vishnu) watch Ekadashi Vrata and take part in chanting so as to recollect the Incomparable Ruler His Blessed Names and singing His glories. Ekadashi is the eleventh day of the fortnight of waxing or winding down moon and happens twice per month. However, the Ekadashi that happens in the month of Margasirsa (December – January) amid the fortnight of waxing moon is of uncommon importance, and is celebrated as Vaikuntha Ekadashi. This is a noteworthy celebration of South India celebrated in every one of the sanctuaries of Ruler Vishnu.
- Importance of Vaikuntha Ekadashi
Nammalwar, one of the considerable fans in the Sri Sampradaya (the disciplic progression diving from Lakshmi Devi) retreated to Godhead on this day. To celebrate this occasion, in all the Vishnu sanctuaries, the Vaikuntha Dwara (the entryway to Vaikuntha) an extraordinary passageway in the north side of the sanctuary is opened once in a year on this specific day. It is trusted that any individual who enters the Vaikuntha Dwara on this day is ensured to accomplish the profound dwelling place.
- This time the Vaikuntha Ekadashi celebration is commended on January 01, 2015 (Thursday). A fantastic abhishekam is performed for the moolavar Divinity of Sri Srinivasa Govinda. The northern entryway to the fundamental sanctuary lobby is enlivened as Vaikuntha Dwara and the utsavar Divinities of Sri Radha Krishnachandra offer darshan to the enthusiasts, situated in a swing at Vaikuntha Dwara. Lakhs of lovers visit sanctuary on that day to get the darshan of the Master and to go through the Vaikuntha Dwara.
- Planning and conveyance of prasadam
With Vaikuntha Ekadashi, one of the greatest celebrations observing Master Srinivasa Govinda, is practically around the bend, arrangement achieves its top in ISKCON Bangalore. Aficionados, in lakhs, are relied upon to visit the sanctuary on this promising day this year. Remembering this unique courses of action have been made for readiness and dispersion of prasadam. More than hundred cooks have been drudging for more than three days to get ready more than 75,000 Ladoos which is a standout amongst the most critical parts of the Vaikunta Ekadashi. The aggregate weight of ladoos alone surpasses 6 tons. The pressing of these desserts was encouraged by more than 90 volunteers from Bhajan Mandali and the sanctuary.
- With an assessment of over a lakh aficionados going to the sanctuary to get the favors of Master Srinivasa Govinda, game plans to give free prasadam to all are likewise being made. 17 vast cauldrons of uncommon payasam will be arranged to oblige this prerequisite. The payasam is exceptionally arranged with sabu dana(tapioca pearls) for the advantage of lovers keeping up a quick on Vaikunta Ekadashi. What's more, prasadam game plans for breakfast, lunch and supper for the comfort of staff, media work force, security faculty and different volunteers will likewise be made. Foods grown from the ground will be served for all fans keeping up a quick.
- There are 24 Ekadasi (eleventh Moons) in a year, and Vaikunta Ekadasi is the most intense and anticipated the same number of look for otherworldly recovery or salvage in a position of peace from their present disarray and enduring. It is trusted that if one watches Vaikunta Ekadasi, the doors to paradise are kept open when that individual's spirit leaves the physical body. The spirit closes its cycle of death and resurrection by achieving a definitive salvation: flexibility from this mortal loop.
Vaikunta Ekadasi falls on December 21st. This is the day when Vishnu gives you access to his Heavenly dwelling place, where each living being lives in complete agreement and satisfaction, and where Goddess Lakshmi lives with Vishnu with wealth .