- Tyagaraja was the best among the music arrangers of South India and one of the musical wonders ever. He was the father of present day Karnataka music and his works are of sensitive otherworldly existence, brimming with melodic excellence and in the most elevated sense masterful. As a tyke he as officially surprising for his inclination for music and a present for creating and composed his first melody when he was not really 13. Before long he came to the loftiest apex of musical popularities and formed the most excellent melodies ever composed and two music plays of uneqalled magnificence.
- Thyagaraja is the most prominent of the musical Trinity, all conceived in Thiruvarur, the holy town which has been set on the same platform with Kasi(Benaras), as having the one of a kind qualification of giving salvation or mukthi to the individual conceived in the previous and rearranging of his mortal curls in the recent.
Great child of Giriraja Kavi and child of the Ramabrahmam, a researcher learned in Vedas and Shashtras, he had his first music lesson from Sonti Venkataramanayya, the Royal residence Vidwan of Thanjavur. At 16 years old, he was started into the tharaka mantra of Sri Rama by a sage from Kanchi.
- He invested a large portion of his energy doing pooja and singing to the icons of Rama, Lakshmana and Sita, and in this way his sytheses were motivated and imbued with Rama bhakthi. His music as broad, yet immediate and quick. His organizations in vogue may be around 600 to 700, as his excursion far and wide in the domains of his creative ability made melodic examples in different varjya and vakra ragas.
At Tirupathi, he is said to have supernaturally raised the closed drape with his tune, "Theradiyzka RAdha" and revived a man who had suffocated in a sanctuary well with his kriti, "Najeevadara", Another episode is connected of how Rama and Lakshmana outfitted with bows and bolts monitored his palanquin when it was assaulted by robbers.Aware of his drawing closer end, he took Sanyasa. On the tenth day of his Sanyasa, he converged with time everlasting.
- The Siva sanctuary, arranged in a fruitful neighborhood encompassed by lush fields and forests, is committed to Panchanadhiswara orAiyarappan. Five tributaries of Cauvery stream near the town. The five Theerthams here are Surya Pushkarni, Ganga Theertham, Chandra Pushkarni, Palaru and Nandi Theertham.
This blessed spot is viewed as the boss among the Saptha Sthana Sthalas. The seven spots are Thiruvaiyaru, Thirupazhanam, Thiruchottuthurai, Thiruvadikkudi, Thirukandiyur, Thiruppunthurai and Thiruneithanam.
- Sage Neymesa assembled the sanctuary at the occasion of Master Siva. There are two holy places known as Dakshina Kailasa and Uttara Kailasa close to the eastern gopuram. Mukti Mandapam is acclaimed for Panchakshara Japam. On New Moon day consistently, the Ruler is taken out in a parade.
Thiruvaiyaru is likewise the spot where Holy person Thyagaraja, one of the Trinity of Carnatic Music, lived and achieved samadhi. Consistently in January, Thyagaraja Aaradhana is held here to honor the conception commemoration of the holy person.
- Thiruppazhanam (3 km from Thiruvaiyaru):
Known for the Siva place of worship devoted to Aabath Sahayeswara, it is one of the Saptha Sthana Sthalas.
Papanasam (14 km from Kumbakonam):
Sri Ramalingaswamy sanctuary, also called 108 Sivalayam, is arranged on the southern bank of Kudamurutti stream. The Goddess is Parvathavardhini. Legend has it that Sri Rama had introduced the 108 Lingams to appease the transgression of executing the evil presences Khara and Dhushana. Thus the name of this spot. The town likewise has a sanctum of Srinivasa Perumal.
- Nallur (5 km from Papanasam):
Sri Kalyanasundareswarar sanctuary is an antiquated Siva holy place. The Lingam is made of a sparkling metal, which changes shading five times each day. The pictures of Siva and Parvati on Rishaba with Vishnu and Brahma are venerated in the sanctum. Masi Magham (Feb-Walk) is a noteworthy celebration. Nallur has another sanctuary committed to Sri Adi Kesava Perumal.
Thirukkarugavur (5 km from Papanasam):
The Siva sanctum is committed to Sri Mullaivananathaswami. Goddess Garbarakshambika is said to offer assurance to the human developing life. Ladies implore here for safe pregnancy and conveyance. The Sthala Vriksha is a Mullai creeper.
- There is another Vishnu sanctum committed to Sri Varadaraja Perumal.
Uppiliappancoil (Thiruvinnagaram — 6 km from Kumbakonam):The Venkatachalapathi sanctuary here is one of the consecrated 108 Tirupatis.
'There is a fascinating legend about this sanctuary. Sage Markandeya once sought to have Bhoomidevi as his girl and Vishnu as his child in-law. One day a child young lady showed up under a Tulasi plant. The sage took her home and was bringing her up. As he was going to search for a husband, Vishnu one day showed up before him as an old man and asked for his little girl's hand in marriage.
- Markandeya attempted his best to discourage the old man, saying his little girl is exceptionally youthful and does not know even the fundamentals of cooking, such as including salt for nourishment and so forth. At long last when Markandeya summoned Master to spare him from the circumstance, Ruler Vishnu uncovered Himself and guaranteed to deal with saltless nourishment.
In this manner the marriage of Bhoomidevi and Vishnu was appropriately led in the month ofAipasi (Oct-Nov) on a day with Thiruvonam star. This is recognized as a 10-day celebration consistently. It is intriguing to note that the Neivedyam (prasadam) for the Ruler, arranged without salt, tastes great.
- Nachiyarcoil (Thirunaraiyur — 10 km):
The Vishnu place of worship is committed to Srinivasa Perumal. The Garuda Vahanam is made of stone, which is uncommon. The perfect consort is Nachiyar or Vanjulavalli Thayar. Nachiyarcoil is the origin of Nambi Andar Nambi. Among the critical celebrations are Thirukalyanam (Aug-Sept), Mukkodi Utsavam (Dec-Jan) and Brahmotsavam (Walk April). The fundamental component of Mukkodi Utsavam is the Garuda Seva on the fourth day when the stone symbol of Garuda is taken out in a parade conveying Srinivasa Perumal.
- Tribhuvanam (8 krn):
This Siva sanctuary was assembled by Chola Lord Tribhuvana Chakravarti as a dedication to his triumph in the North. The sanctum, committed to Sri Kampahareswarar, looks like the Enormous Sanctuary of Thanjavur and is known for superb models. The picture of Sarabha is an uncommon figure with an abnormal mix of winged animal and man. Siva expected this structure to stifle the fierceness of Narasimha.
- Tiruvidaimarudur (8 km):
This traveler focus is arranged in the middle of Mayavaram and Kumbakonam on the banks of Cauvery. It is additionally called Madhyarjuna. The directing divinity is Mahalingam. Individuals experiencing mental pains are said to be cured by dedication and love at this altar.
- Srivanchiyam (4 km from Nannilam):
The Siva place of worship on the southern bank of Cauvery is committed to Sri Vanchinathar, a Swayambu Lingam. It is considered as blessed as Kashi kshetra. Saivite holy people have sung in commendation of the Ruler. Brahma, Vishnu and Rishis like Kashyapa, Jamadagni and Viswamitra have venerated Sri Vanchinathar. The Goddess is Mangalambika. There is a different sanctuary for Ashta Bhuja Durga.
It is the main sanctuary in Tamil Nadu where Yama, the Lord of Death, has a holy place. He is found in sitting stance with Chitragupta close by. It is standard to love at this holy place first before continuing to the fundamental sanctum. The passionate trust that whoever passes away at Srivanchiyam will have no resurrece..