It is situated in the foots of Shiwalik Slopes. It universally fringes with the Narowal Locale of Pakistani Punjab. Its additionally imparts outskirts to the Kathua Locale of Jammu and Kashmir and Chamba Region and Kangra Region regions of Himachal Pradesh. Hoshiarpur area offers limit with this in Eastern Punjab. The two fundamental waterways, Beas and Ravi, goes through the area.
Pathankot was the capital of Nurpur royal state ruled by the Pathania Rajpoots. In Mughal records it was known as Paithan a shortened form of Pratishthan from which the Pathania Rajputs infer their name, an old customed convention of Rajputs, in which the Ruler very nearly in all cases took his name from the name of the nation where he practiced his domain. The capital was moved from pathankot to dhameri Nurpur in the season of Raja Basu Dev 1580/1613.
- The Kanhaiya Misl, one of the twelve Sikh Misl's ruled this region, from around 1781-1796, until Ranjit Singh of Gujranwala, took the zone, and It remained a portion of the Sikh Kingdom until 1849, until it's extension to the English Territory. The towns of Dhariwal, and Japuwal, and Gurdas Nangal, all In tehsil Pathankot, are firmly identified with Sikh History.
- Pathankot is a metropolitan company in the Indian condition of Punjab, and serves as the capital of the Pathankot Region. The name Pathankot originates from Pathania Rajput, who was the lord of Nurpur. Pathankot was the capital of Nurpur before 1849. Pathankot is at the meeting purpose of the three northern conditions of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. Because of its optimal area, Pathankot serves as a travel center point for the three northerly states. Pathankot is the fifth most crowded city in the condition of Punjab. It is the keep going city in Punjab on the national roadway towards Jammu and Kashmir. Arranged in the foothills of Kangra and Dalhousie, with the stream Chakki streaming near to, the city is frequently utilized as a rest-stop before heading into the mountains of Jammu and Kashmir, Dalhousie, Chamba, and Kangra, profound into the Himalays.
- There are a few hollows while in transit to Shahpur Kandi which date to the season of the Mahabharata. As indicated by legend, the Pandavas stayed in those caverns for a night amid their "Agyaatwas". A jubilee or mela, called Mukesran da mela is held there every year in the month of April to stamp Baisakhi.
The old Shiva sanctuary Kathgarh is roughly 25 km from PTK. Amid "Naag panchami," the crevice between two shiva parvati sacred stones bafflingly limits, and amid "shivrathri" the hole strangely enlarges. The sanctuary is situated on the banks of waterway Beas. Alexander's armed force stayed outdoors here for three days and crippled by seeing angry and overflowed Beas constrained their Lord to cancel their central goal of world triumph. To achieve the sanctuary one needs to go to Indora (HP), which is 20 km far from Pathankot.
- There is a stronghold, called the Nurpur Post assembled by the Pathania Rajputs, over 900 years back. It was harmed by the immense tremor which struck this locale ahead of schedule in 1905, 25 km from Pathankot. It is entirely well known in North India, and the sanctuary inside pulls in travelers from the whole way across. It is 25 km far from Pathankot.
• Spring: The atmosphere remains the most pleasant piece of the year amid the spring season (from mid-February to mid-April). Temperatures change between (max) 16 °C to 25 °C and (min) 9 °C to 18 °C.
• Autumn: In harvest time (from Mid-September to mid November.), the temperature may ascend to a most extreme of 30 °C. Temperatures normally stay between 16° to 27° in pre-winter. The base temperature is around 11 °C.
- Summer: The temperature in summer (from Mid-May to Mid-June) may ascend to a most extreme of 48 °C (once in a while). Temperatures for the most part stay between 35 °C to 45 °C (94 – 112F).
• Monsoon: Amid monsoon(from mid-June to mid-September), Pathankot gets moderate to overwhelming precipitation.
• Winter: Winters (November to Mid-Walk) are gentle yet it can in some cases get entirely nippy in Pathankot. Normal temperatures in the winter stay at (max) 7 °C to 15 °C and (min) 0 °C to 8 °C. Rain typically originates from the west amid winters and it is normally a tireless downpour for 2–3 days with once in a while hail-storms. Pathankot got snowfall in 20
Pathankot is a financially prosperous city contrasted with numerous different towns of the Punjab or Himachal Pradesh.
- Truly, Pathankot's economy was based upon the timber exchange. Great quality wood was transported from Himachal to Pathankot, where it was sliced and appropriated to different parts of northern India. In the mid 1990s, be that as it may, the timber exchange moved to Jammu. Presently, the primary economy of Pathankot depends on stone smashing. Panthakot is arranged in the foothills where the Chakki, Ravi and Beas streams enter the fields and these waterways store rocks. There are more than 200 stone crushers in and around Pathankot.
- After the liberalization of the Indian economy, Pathankot developed as a business focal point of wholesalers and merchants of customer merchandise and administrations, taking into account Himachal Pradesh, J&K and northwest Punjab.
Numerous armed force and Flying corps staff are positioned at Pathankot and in adjacent territories. The Armed force and Flying corps grant contracts to nearby merchants and their staff expend neighborhood merchandise and administrations, adding to neighborhood thriving.
Spots of interest and Remain.
- Places worth going by close Pathankot incorporate Shahpur Kandi. Ranjit Sagar Dam which is the most elevated gravity dam in Asia,
Pathankot has various inns to sit tight. Lodging Venice, U-Nite, Inn Forest are a couple of them. sit tight.
Dhruva park close tank chownk is one of greatness of pathankot city gave by 21 sub Range of Indian armed force.
The air terminal of Pathankot is together shared by barrier and regular citizens and is the eminence of this region. Maharana Partap Interstate Transport Terminal is one of the greatest terminals of North India. Pathankot is the one of the city having 2 railroad stations of its own, with Pathankot Intersection Station, Chakki Bank Intersection Station.
One can stop over in Pathankot on the way to Mukerian (40), Dharamshala (100 km), Dalhousie (100 km), Amritsar (108), Palampur (100 km), Chamba (100 km) and Jammu (100 km), Hoshiarpur (100 km), Kangra (100 km), Jalandhar (108 km), Srinagar (400 km) all in diverse headings from Pathankot.
- CHANDIGARH: The entry and capture of a white pigeon, apparently from across the border, in a border village of Pathankot in Punjab on Thursday has caused a flutter among intelligence sleuths and Punjab Police. This comes two days after an Intelligence Bureau (IB) alert to Punjab Police on the possibility of Indian Mujahideen being active in Jammu and Pathankot areas.
The fact that the avian 'intruder' bore a stamped message and had a wire-like object on its body made the security agencies take a closer look at its flight into India. A part of the message was in Urdu, but the numbers appeared to be that of a landline telephone in Pakistan's Narowal district.
- The bird landed at the mud and brick house of barber Ramesh Chandra in Manwal village, 4km from Pakistan border, around 6.30pm on Wednesday. The suspicions of the barber's 14-year-old son were aroused by the Urdu markings, and he went to the nearest police post around 9pm with the "spy bird". His arrival there with the bird perched on a wire mesh along with Chandra's chicken created a stir.
"Shockingly, cellular telephones once in a while work in the fringe zones. My child raced to the closest police post," Chandra told TOI.
- The cops then took the fowl to a veterinary healing center in Pathankot for a X-beam. This did not hurl any pieces of information. "Nothing unfriendly has been found, yet we have kept the winged creature in our care," said Pathankot senior administrator of police (SSP) Rakesh Kaushal.
"This is an uncommon example of a winged animal from Pakistan being spotted here. We have gotten a couple spies here. The range is touchy, given its vicinity to Jammu, where penetration is very basic," said Kaushal.
Perused Additionally: Pigeon with a chip lands in Gujarat, flashes security dread.
Cops at Bamiyal police post made a journal section terming the fledgling as a "suspected spy", and sent a correspondence to BSF and IB.
- The fowl was found on a day when a between state meeting on security was being held among authorities of Punjab Police, Indian Armed force and additionally those from Kathua and Jammu locale.
"It was a meeting to dispatch joint hunt and brushing operation in the individual ranges. The security of Ranjit Sagar Dam was additionally examined and choice has been taken to reinforce the security setup in and around the zones," said Punjab Police controller general (outskirt range) Ishwar Sharma.