- Bhai shaheed ho gaya… " said the voice on the other side when Suchha Singh, father of Corporal Gursewak Singh, a Garud Commando, addressed his cellphone Sunday morning. The operation to kill the terrorists was still in progress at Pathankot Air Base then. Corporal Gursewak Singh was one of the commandos of the Indian Flying corps who was martyred in the over 48-hour long operation at the air base, which was assaulted by terrorists in the early hours of Saturday.
- Singh was posted in Adampur and was hurried to the Pathankot Air Base Friday night to counter the terrorists. "I had called him Friday evening however he separated my telephone and sent a content that he would call later. Unhone kaha, telephone karunga. Standard agar telephone nahi aaya, to so jaana. Aur telephone nahi aaya (He had said he will call. On the off chance that I don't call, go to rest. Also, the call never came)," said Jaspreet Kaur, 26, wife of Corporal Gursewak, as her eyes sprang up with tears. Jaspreet got hitched to Gursewak on November 18, 2015 — three years after their engagement. Being the new spouse in the family, she is as yet wearing splendid red wedding bangles (choora). Gursewak's cellphone was exchanged off Saturday. While the family thought about the fear assault at Pathankot, they were uninformed that he has additionally been sent to watch the air base. "Last night, one of his companions posted about the saints on a long range informal communication site, yet when I protested, he evacuated the post. I was concerned, so I made a call to one of his associates in Adampur, who educated me that he had a word with his senior who has affirmed that he is on obligation and safe. Be that as it may, in the morning… ." says Jaspreet as her voice breaks once more. He had connected for a long leave, from January 13 to February 6, with the goal that he could praise his wife's birthday at home on February 5. Gursewak had joined Garud Commando Power, exceptional powers unit of the Aviation based armed forces six years back, not long after subsequent to finishing his BA, following in the strides of his senior sibling, Hardeep Singh, who is additionally in the Indian Armed force, posted in Dharamshala. It was Hardeep who had made a call to his dad Sunday morning to educate about Gursewak's death. Singh's dad has additionally served in the Indian Armed force for a brief period. "I would urge my grandson to join the Armed force," he said, while the saint's mom, Amrik Kaur, was forlorn. "He was savvy. Not each young from the town can meet all requirements for the Aviation based armed forces. It was a minute of pride for every one of us. He would return home each weekend and was normal yesterday also," says resigned Havildar Om Prakash, one of his uncles.
- The family, which lives in Garnala town close Ambala city, is yet to get the body for the last customs. By data, the saints body would be transported to Ambala airbase later today.
Gursewak had joined Indian Aviation based armed forces around six years prior in the wake of finishing his graduation. He had got hitched only 45 days back.
- His dad, Sucha Singh who is a rancher, said that he got data in regards to Gursewaks affliction from his senior child who is an officer in the Armed force and affirmed that he was glad that his child had set out his life for the nation.
Gursewak, who was depicted as an insightful and splendid youth, by his dad, had eliminated any confusion Aviation based armed forces exam in the first endeavor.
"My kid had gone to serve the country. I am pleased with him. He has done his obligation. We are tragic as well. Our senior child is likewise in the Armed force serving the country. My more youthful child gave his life for the nation. He was constantly great in studies and constantly needed to join the Flying corps," Sucha said.
- "Fanciful opportunity contender Bhagat Singh was his symbol," he included.
Gursewaks cousin Harikrishan Singh said, "He did his designing in Bengaluru... We have lost one warrior."
Haryanas Heath Pastor Anil Vij went to Gursewaks habitation this evening to support the gang.