- On the off chance that you ever wished to visit a city with just sanctuaries and sanctuaries around, you ought to go to Kanchipuram. Known as the 'city of thousand sanctuaries' Kanchipuram situated around 70 kms from Chennai, is a standout amongst the most consecrated Hindu journey locales in India.
The historical backdrop of Kanchipuram is interlaced with the great rule of the Pallavas, the Cholas and the Rayas of Vijayanagar.The city is likewise popular as an old focus of Tamil learning and culture. Shankaracharya or Adi Shankara built up his Episcopal seat here called Kamakotipeetam. The sanctuaries are without a doubt the preeminent vacation destinations in Kanchipuram.The Kamakshi Amman Sanctuary, the Kailashanathar Sanctuary, the Ekambareshwar, the Kumara Kottam Sanctuary, the Varadaraja Sanctuary and the Ullahalanda Sanctuary are the renowned sanctuaries in Kanchipuram.
- On the off chance that you are a nature fan then you ought to make a trip from Kanchipuram to Vedanthangal, around 60 kms from Kanchipuram, which is a safe house for transient feathered creatures particularly from November to February. For trekking, climbing or for picnics Elagiri Slopes in the Eastern Ghats will be a decent choice.
Kanchipuram is synonymous with silks and silks! The Kanjeevaram saris of Kanchipuram are the finest and the most wonderful on the planet. In India they are normally gone on as treasure from mother to little girl.
- Kanchipuram has a background marked by weaving going back to around 400 years with silk weavers settling in this sanctuary town. Indeed, even today there are more than 500 families occupied with the choice craft of weaving silk. Kanchipuram silks are woven from silk worms reared simply on mulberry. Kanchipuram silks saris are woven utilizing an amazing cluster of beautiful strings and fine brilliant string or zari into appealing examples portraying customary sanctuary themes.
- Shopping in Kanchipuram for silk saris and fabrics should be possible at handloom co-agents who run their retail outlets. Other than silks, you can purchase ancient rarities like natural product wicker container, light stands, and adornments boxes and symbols of divine beings and goddesses. These made of stone, bronze, metal, copper and jute make great blessings and gifts to convey home from Kanchipuram.
Kanchipuram: A 21-year old lady kicked the bucket supposedly subsequent to being keep running over by an overspeeding SUV on Friday and the terrible episode was caught on the CCTV camera that prompt the driver's capture, police said.
- The lady conveying her four-year old tyke was strolling on the left half of a street when the SUV hit her from behind. She passed on the spot subsequent to being discarded a few feet off the street in the occurrence that happened early morning on 8 June.
A screengrab of the CCTV footage.
The child with extreme wounds is being dealt with in a doctor's facility, police said.
- Video footage of the shocking occurrence caught by CCTV cameras introduced by police on Gandhi Street was discharged to the media by police on Friday.
It demonstrated the break neck speed in which the dark shading SUV was driven and how the vulnerable lady was flung into the air and diverted from the street alongwith her kid notwithstanding strolling out and about side.
- The casualty was recognized as Selvi, a nearby occupant, and she was strolling out and about alongwith another lady with her youngster in arms.
The video additionally indicates how the other lady was shell stunned seeing the mishap and how she ran towards her to spare her and the tyke.
- Police told PTI that the driver of the SUV, Vinoth Kannan of Ramanathapuram, surrendered before police today and was captured. A body of evidence has been enlisted against him. In any case, they declined to give further subtle elements.
Kanchipuram is among the most celebrated of the 'sanctuary urban areas' of Tamil Nadu. Its sanctuaries house diverse Hindu groups. In spite of the fact that today it is just a destination for travelers, and a store of major compositional landmarks, in ancient times it involved a more overwhelming spot ever. The city was the political capital of the Pallava rulers amid the seventh - ninth hundreds of years. It remained a critical city amid the succeeding Chola and Vijayanagara periods.The Kailasanatha sanctuary is the finest basic task of the Pallava ruler Rajasimha. The sanctuary is completely developed of sandstone and is incorporated into a cognizant complex. A huge assortment of Shaiva pictures embellishes the external dividers; the inward dividers were once painted. A cleaned linga (phallus, the image of recovery connected with Shiva) is cherished inside.
- The Ekambareshvara sanctuary is the standard Shaiva haven and its taking off gopuras rule the city's horizon. This sanctuary was raised in 1509 by the Vijayanagara ruler Krishnadeva Raya. The sanctuary is gone before by a since quite a while ago sectioned mandapa into which before places of worship and sacrificial tables have been fused. A passageway encompasses the standard hallowed place on four sides, displaying a ceaseless succession of retreating piers.The Vardhamana sanctuary is the most vital Vaishanava sanctuary. Nearby legend has it that the sanctuary honors the site where the Ruler Brahma performed a yajna (flame penance) to summon the vicinity of Vishnu. It has a long history spreading over the Chola and the Vijayanagara periods. One of the two high towered gopuras take after twelfth thirteenth century Chola ventures while the other is normal for the sixteenth century Vijayanagara period. The principle haven cherishes bronze pictures of Vishnu flanked by his consorts. A few examples of Vijayanagara works of art are still saved on the dividers.
- Kanchipuram city is masterminded in the south India and is moreover the administrative home office of the district of Kanchipuram in state of Tamil Nadu. It was secretly insinuated as Kachi or Kachipedu. Arranged on the banks of the Vegavathy Conduit, Kanchipuram has been ruled by the Pallavas, the Medieval Cholas, the Later Cholas, the Later Pandyas, the Vijayanagar Domain, the Carnatic kingdom, and the English.
- Kanchipuram is an astounding sanctuary city,known as 'city of thousand sanctuaries'. It is one of the seven consecrated urban areas (according to Hindu mythology) to achieve last accomplishment. The city was likewise a religious focus of cutting edge training forJainism and Buddhism between the first and fifth hundreds of years. The city's manufactured legacy incorporates the Kailasanathar Sanctuary, Vaikunta Perumal Sanctuary, Varadharaja Perumal Sanctuary, Ekambareswarar Sanctuary (haing one of the tallest sanctuary towers in India),Kamakshi Amman Sanctuary, Kumarakottam Sanctuary et al. It is the central station of the Kanchi matha, established by the Hindu holy person Adi Sankaracharya, and mainstream as one of the four dhams of Hinduism. The city is likewise known for its way of life and human advancement.
- Aside from its sanctuaries, this residential area is likewise known for its flourishing handloom industry. The city is well known for its prestigious made world celebrated silk sarees and the fundamental calling of the general population is weaving silk sarees. Therefore, Kancheepuram is otherwise called Silk City. The silk weavers of Kanchi settled over 400 years prior and have given it an advantageous notoriety as the maker of the best silk sarees in the nation.